Thursday, December 8, 2016

Coming up with the name "Organizational Clarity" the Organizational Development way

When it came to naming this blog there was the idea but not the title, add to that it was just an idea I had for some time, however when the opportunity came to produce a blog for a class project it was like the universe aligned! Part of Organizational Development is learning to use a resource like time, time management is usually the term floated around, but also realizing there is an opportunity to change or create.
That is what has happened here, so as with any program, product, or project you need a “catchy” name to sell not only to the people working on (me) the project but all the stakeholders involved. I admit I had the articles and various topics I wanted to talk about but the name I was at a loss, so I sent out to a group text to collaborate with my wife is a recent Roosevelt University graduate and a friend who is attending DePaul for a degree in the field.
That is what has happened here, so as with any program, product, or project you need a “catchy” name to sell not only to the people working on (me) the project but all the stakeholders involved. I admit I had the articles and various topics I wanted to talk about but the name I was at a loss, so I sent out to a group text to collaborate with my wife is a recent Roosevelt University graduate and a friend who is attending DePaul for a degree in the field.
Although I came up with the majority of titles I needed their feedback to see if the title was again “catchy” to an audience like them, like this blog will, hopefully, be helping. After a while, I came up with “Organizational Clarity” and because it is the goal basically of Organizational Development is to come up with a means to bring clarity to the policies, procedures, and products that an organization wants to implement or streamline for a better Return on Investment. So I got a “go ahead” vote for the title and here we are but I do like to mention some of the titles that did not make it:
  • “The ever evolving Organization”
  • “The Evolution of organizations”
  • “Organizational Development, Organization Evolution”
  • “Organization Evolution”
  • “OD Happens”
  • “OD collective”
As you go through the list you can see how the title would definitely affect how readers of this blog would have reacted if one of those titles were used instead. In Organizational Development it is necessary to collaborate with other professionals, or in this case, I used a small test audience to gain the necessary feedback I needed to produce the result I required. Basically, standard Organizational Development methodology at work so my thanks to Joyce Prosser and Tanya Carranza on their feedback, (always important to recognize contributions!) and I look forward to creating more Organizational Clarity in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment