Thursday, September 20, 2018

Organizational Developmental: A trip to Boston pt 2

I wanted to actually go through and have a non-eventful trip. And try to learn something about a process called onboarding along the way to increase my professional skill set. Of course, things do not go as planned and it made the event more complicated than it needed to be unfortunately things happen or turn out like that. Being the new person, I really could not just take control or offer too many suggestions because I did not have all the data to give a proper assessment. As the say experience is the best teacher and within this event there were a lot of issues that occurred that I believe could be easily handled or eliminated from occurring the next time around.

From an organizational development perspective, it is required, necessary to baby step and focus on smaller problems or issues that can be fixed immediately, in a short span of time or with a limited amount other resources. I realize that I went through a crash course of training but in the near future I will be assigned to different events on my own. And after I lose the training wheels I will be able to make adjustments or add certain accompaniments that will streamline some of the processes that I immediately identified as ineffective or not as efficient. In other words, it is important as you start your own training process in an organization to not try to reinvent the wheel in your first couple of months there.

Because as much as you want to change the world there is simply too many x-factors or variables to truly state definitively that the "solutions" you are proposing are correct or would be effective. With time and some trial and error you can develop the right methodology or procedures that will make your organization a better place it simply takes time, patience and a couple of implementations to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment