Thursday, June 22, 2017

Went Black: The WordPress side of the Organizational Clarity blog

Recently the WordPress side of the organizational clarity blog went down, basically all of the sudden, without notice without clarity on the reasons why (pun intended). What happened as I ascertained from the help desk representative was the blog for some reason caught in WordPress' automatic filtering system flagging the blog for terms of service violation without a clear reason why. After I had contacted the help desk the account was turned back on, due to this was a mistake committed by the program. In truth this type of snafus happens when you work with third party entities that do not have your interests at heart, in mind or just do not care. 

Either way, the other "truth" illustrated by this situation is the importance of not relying on technology ha! To combat issues like this, I have the organizational clarity blog in WordPress and blogger.com. I am now starting to add a copy of the blog and its posts upon weebly/wix. The reason for creating the blog was to create a resource for students and professionals while completing a school project. To simply let the blog to stay deleted at this point would make no sense. Also as a cautionary measure, I have saved every post in a Microsoft Word document to my computer to backup all the work that has so far been completed. 

Therefore, the WordPress snafu on their part was a major inconvenience but nothing that will stop the progress of the blog. Another issue that arose that I questioned was the lack of communication between us, WordPress did not contact via email or the site to the specifics of what they termed as terms of service violations. I had to search my emails thoroughly and press a bunch of buttons on the WordPress account to come up with contacting the help desk on my own.  

Only through that interaction through email was I able to find out the answer why but only then and it was very vague. Lucky for me I only do this blog for academic reasons and not for money, as part of an affiliate program. Or if I were a small organization or business that depended on this website to drive customers to my business I would be more than upset. However, as anyone can theorize, that as  an organization WordPress could use a good OD professional at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment